This policy explains how we, the head-office of Bunzl plc, collect and use your personal information. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Bunzl plc, York House, 45 Seymour Street, London W1H 7JT.
Personal information is information that can identify you – for example your name, email address or mobile phone number. Your personal information is an important asset for us and we aim to use it responsibly and to keep it secure. If you want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us. For the privacy policies of Bunzl group companies, please visit the website of the Bunzl group company in question.
What do we use your personal information for?
We use your personal information for various purposes including:
• Processing payments
• Communicating with suppliers of goods and services
• Keeping accounts and other business records
• Carrying out marketing, electronic or otherwise
• Complying with legal or regulatory requirements
• Dealing with complaints or queries from our customers and our suppliers
• Dealing with queries from our shareholders and other stakeholders
• Dealing with queries from our current employees, past employees and job applicants
• Generating data analytics to monitor and improve the performance of our website.
• We believe that it is in our legitimate interests, or is necessary for the performance of a contract, to collect and use personal information to operate our business and to provide a service that you have requested. In some cases we may be under a legal duty to use or disclose personal information, for example to comply with a request from an official body.
Do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information, but this will be done on a ‘need to know’ basis and only where it is necessary to do so or where we are required to share information. We may share personal information when we buy or sell any businesses or assets. We aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that personal information that the company is legally responsible for remains properly protected and is used appropriately when in the hands of a third party.
Do we transfer personal information overseas?
Sometimes we may need to send personal information overseas. When we have to do this, we aim to put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that the information remains properly protected and is used appropriately wherever it is located geographically. This will usually be achieved by contractual means.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We aim to keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our business needs and in compliance with any legal or regulatory duties to retain personal information for a particular period. However long we retain personal information for, we will make sure it is subject to appropriate security.
What rights do you have over your personal information?
You enjoy the following rights:
• To obtain a copy of your personal information or to have it transferred to another organisation
• To have any inaccurate personal information corrected
• To have your personal information erased if its retention is no longer justified
• To have the use of your personal information restricted – i.e. not accessed or used
• To object to your personal information being processed.
• We will always give you the rights that you are legally entitled to but the rights set out above are qualified ones. Any requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
You are never required to provide personal information to us but you may need to do so when you enter into a contract for the provision of our services. We will not be able to provide our services unless you provide us with the personal information we need to do so. Do we use automated decision-making?
We carry out automated decision-making when you use our website. This involves providing content to you based on your online behaviour. This allows us to display content that is relevant to you.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
Yes, we may use your personal information to carry out marketing but we aim to only contact people who want to receive marketing. If you object to marketing – whether electronic or otherwise – please let us know and we will stop contacting you.
You can block cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you choose to block cookies you may not be able to access all, or parts, of our site and some features will not work properly.
You can also delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Who can you complain to if you have a concern?
If you have any concerns about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below and we will do our best to help you. If we cannot not resolve your problem to your satisfaction then you can contact the UK data protection agency, the Information Commissioner’s Office, www.ico.org.uk, telephone +44(0)303 123 1113
Please contact us if you want to know more about how we handle your personal information.
Data Protection Enquiries
The Company Secretary
York House, 45 Seymour Street
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our Legal Notice regarding access to and use of our website.
This policy may be reviewed from time to time.
The pages on this website are published by Investis Limited on behalf of Bunzl plc.